Sunday, February 28, 2010

A day by myself

Lonliness is a strange thing. You never get to know if it is causing a good or a bad impact on you. But trust me at times its just a strange impact and its really difficult to analyze the good or bad in it -- so u better enjoy it.
This is the time when every indian in INDIA atleast is celebrating one of our biggest festivals, HOLI -- a festival of community, a festival of coming together, a festival of spreading love and care for all around you. We celebrate this with a strange attire. We apply colored mud on the faces of the ones we love, we drench them up in colored water and yes that is how we express our joy. Not to forget we do eat a lot of sweets in this condition only -- we dont take pains to clean our selves :).
While a kid, I still remember the extent to which I and my friends used to go crazy and just throw anything and everything (mud & water in all forms) on people all around. It used to be fun.
And here I am -- a 29 year old spoiled brat trying to understand what next. Suddenly I feel away from those friends who once made me forget literally everything. Well, I dont know what to say - I am not sad. But I am just a little too lonely -- something that I am really scared of. But to my surprise today I fought it well. Yes I did. Indeed. I had the day to myself. Had some breakfast that I love but I rarely make an attempt to make for myself. Downloaded & listened to some really wonderful ghazals and sufi songs. Had a delicious lunch (again self cooked) and rarely done afternoon nap.
Chatted with someone in the evening who I was actually missing with sun going down. I also supported and cheered for my country in the World cup hockey opening match against Pakistan. I know we are all brethren. But when it comes to India Vs Pak in any form of life, trust me we are the typical indians. We won the game today.
Pretty soon the darkenss around me will compel me to call it a day -- i think yes. It was a day. All to myself. No worries, no questions/no answers.
At the end of all this, like i said before, I donot know if it was a good day or bad for me being away from the ones I love the most. It was a strange day for me. Something I dont really expect to come too often.
I love the ones I love. I will prefer to be with them than in such a strange day. I miss you.

6 comments:

Brad said...

Let's hope that the 'one day' remains just that and does not extend beyond your threshold. It just gets ugly after that; then one has to take herculean steps to overcome that loneliness.

Saurabh said...

I guess I need to talk to you , why so strange thoughts . would like to believe all iz well

Vishakha said...

Very true. In fact i had been talking about it to a friend. Its quite ironical, on one hand i enjoy my privacy, being independent, but at the same time, there is a lingering thought somewhere which says "am i missing something"

ANKIT MITTAL said...

Hehehe !! so Mr Brat has turned Philosopher....Not a bad start to blogging..... Its good that you are aware of it and think about it 'loneliness'....if you have written this blog because u didnt have anything else to do then loneliness is not that bad....

Devasheesh Saxena said...

@ Saurabh: No dude... nothing wrong. Like I said just an expression :)

@ Vishakha: I think I can understand what u mean

@ Ankit: good for the beginning. More to come.

Akanksha Rautela said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.