Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is beginning the end?

"I have been blessed with a son, I wish he lives for 100 years". "I have constructed a house, I wish my next 2 generations can live in it". "I have bought a car, I wish it runs fine for atleast 5 years." Not so uncommon statements that we often come across.
Why is it that we start deciding on the length of life of anything that we just start with? So human to quantify the existence of anything around them. They say nothing but the soul is permanent -- though I must accept that the debate on soul is also on.
I am curious to know if it is only humans or even other species like animals, plants, mammals -- the ones we know have life -- have the concept and understanding of life and death? I know they can see or feel a new member in their clan and they can sense the missing one as well -- but do they ever think what happened to the missing one? Why is he suddenly missing? Do they know the concept of END OF LIFE?
This brings in another thought to my mind. Humans celebrate the birthdays with great pomp and show -- well do we celebrate our moving close to the end or moving away from the beginning? I fail to understand why are we so happy about it in either of the case? Or is it that we just try to hide the fact for a while and we make a fuss of all this just to ensure that we overlook the worry associated with it.
We humans think ourselves to be the smartest -- why not, we dont have anyone to challenge it as yet? Or are we the biggest fools and pretend to be what are not -- why not, we just dont want to accept any challenge.
End or death is the biggest fear we humans have. We are so keen on living that we try our best to procrastinate thinking about the only truth in life to the maximum possible time we can. And during all this time we want to celebrate the fact that we are still there.
But we are obsessed with this fear. It is this fear that compels us to think of the end in the beginning itself. We start planning the end in the beginning.
I am one of you. I too am scared of the end. I am not pessimist and neither am I hopeless but I want to overcome this obsession of living. I dont want to keep myself away from the truth -- my birth is history, my end is my future. Let me plan it the best way I can --- " Aakhri hichki tere zanon pe aaye, maut bhi mai shayarana chahata hoon"

7 comments:

Ritu and Sachin Bakery said...

bhai, very very well written!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmm.............

Life after death is left....

U can add that also..;)

ANKIT MITTAL said...

i am not sure if my great grandparents used to celebrate birthdays like we do these days!! It is not our concept.
People dont have time for themselves these days >>> because so called development has complicated life >> so we have a few special days added every now and then for celebration!! we should be celebrating life but most of us dont therefore we celebrate a few days in the yr!!!!
Birth is history, death is future, Life is PRESENT and thats important. Stay in present and celebration will be continuous function!!!!!!!!
Btw .......Keep writing !!!!

Unknown said...

hmmm...now whr has this come from.. life death etc etc kin chakro mein ho bhai.. hum kab se sochne lage in sabke baare mein.. i thought all we live nd care about is chicken :) chal jo bhi hai.. i wil say nice effort to start with.. waiting to see more writings.. :)

Samsung said...

well, i like to look at it this way...
its the society that binds us to all these celebrations of life.To the extend that we become slaves of the established conventions.
Life should be lived .. without any restrictions.. without any bindings.. like a free bird. Its the freedom that is lacking among us. I so much want to live in the free spirited 60s and 70s.. :)

Forget about death. Live like there is no tomorrow...

Well Devasheesh... Some of ur words are food 4 thot!!

Devasheesh Saxena said...

@ Ankit & Samsung
Guys dont misunderstand me. Like one of the comment says, its just a food for thought. I second u to live life like there is no tomorrow.
I am just trying to feel what it is like to travel on a different path as normal.
This has inspired me with a new thought. Thanks to all of u for acknowledging my 2 cents on life.
Way to go...

Unknown said...

Hey..really nice!
U've pushed me deeper into my thoughts!